3.3
Style and Design

I bought a house in Tampa and went to Mattress One for 3 beds ($3000). They arrived as promised the following week, they were supposed to put them together, but just dropped them of and left me to it.

I had a damaged mattress, the beds were of a ridiculous height and there were legs missing. As I had no internet access at the time and couldn't send photos of the damage, so they sent an inspector out to assess the problems. He agreed with the issues and reported back. That's when the problems started.

They phoned and arranged a delivery for a few days later. I had to travel from Orlando. After a 300 mile round trip, 6 hours driving and twelve hours waiting for the delivery, I was told that they had no knowledge of a delivery being arranged! After 22 phone calls, 7 answerphone messages, 3 visits to the store and numerous promises, SEVEN weeks after the initial purchase I got the damaged mattress replaced.

As for the beds that were over 33 inches tall. I had to take them apart and and lower the metal frame work within the base to make them a more acceptable height. Luckily, I am quite practical and managed to make the missing legs in my workshop. I have no idea if their beds are comfortable as I have not yet had the opportunity to sleep in them.

But of this I am very sure. Once they have your money, they really don't care in the slightest. The term 'Customer Service' is the biggest Oxymoron you're likely to come across.

Save yourself an awful lot of grief and go elsewhere. Mark Phillips.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mattress One Delivery Service.

Comments